Factors of Successful Sexual Intercourse
In the beginning we’d like to note the factors necessary for erection and its sustaining during the sexual intercourse. The knowledge of these factors helps to understand what reasons may lead to the development of erectile dysfunction in men.
So, a man is able to have an erection and maintain it during coitus thanks to:
- Healthy nervous system. This is nervous system, which is in charge of the brainwaves, which are sent to the nerve-endings of the spinal cord and penis;
- Healthy arteries, capillary vessels and veins;
- Healthy unstriped muscles and fibrous tissue of the cavernous bodies of the penis;
- Correct level of nitrogen oxide in penis.
If a person doesn’t have at least one of these factors or it’s characterized with its malfunction, it causes erectile dysfunction. Specialists speak about physical, psychological and pharmaceutical ED reasons.
Physical Reasons of ED
Modern medicine knows only 4 types of diseases that cause erectile dysfunction:
1. Peripheral vascular diseases, which influence the blood flow into penis;
2. Neurogenic diseases, which influence the nervous system;
3. Hormonal diseases, which influence the testosterone level;
4. Anatomical diseases, which influence the tissues of the penis.
Peripheral Vascular Diseases
The most widespread vascular diseases are thought to be:
- Cardiovascular diseases. These are different types of heart diseases and blood vessel diseases, such as atherosclerosis;
- Arterial hypertension, or high blood pressure;
- It’s the state caused with high sugar level in blood. This disease has a great impact on the circulation of blood, nerve endings in the penis and neurogenic state of the organism in general.
As most specialists note, cardio-vascular diseases are primary diseases leading to male sexual problems.
We should name here the diseases of the peripheral nerves and the pathological states of the brain or spinal cord. Thus, sexual frustration may develop as a result of:
- Head injury,
- Spinal cord trauma,
- Disorder of cerebral circulation,
- Parkinson disease,
- Autoimmune disease,
- Trauma of lower pelvis,
- Groin injury.
Hormone imbalance particularly the disorder of testosterone production is rather a frequent reason of erectile dysfunction. It may be the result of infections, genetic defection, newgrowth and trauma. Next is the example of hormonal disease4s that cause ED in men:
- It’s the syndrome, accompanied by a dysfunction of the sexual glands and disturbance of sex hormones synthesis;
- It is a complex of symptoms caused by increased production and inadequately high secretion of thyroid hormones into the blood;
- Cushing syndrome. It’s a body state that affects the production of a so-called stress hormone called cortisol.
In these cases, it is enough to administer hormonal therapy, to remove the tumor or eliminate the consequences of trauma, so that the potency returns to the man.
First of all, anatomic diseases include diseases of the genitourinary system among which are renal failure, pyelonephritis, prostatitis, urethritis, vesiculitis, nephrotic syndrome, balanoposthitis, kidney trauma and Peyronie’s disease.
The most widespread are:
- Prostate adenoma. Enlaged prostate gland causes the compression of the urinary canal and leads to a violation of urination, inflammation, the formation of kidney stones and infectious diseases. The enlarged prostate gland also disrupts the circulation in the pelvic region and breaks the erectile function.
- Peyronie’s disease. This is the chordee, which develops due to the compaction of the penis and the accrementition of fibrotic tissue.
Possible psychological reasons of erectile dysfunction include:
Depression – the feeling of extreme despondency, which lasts for a long time;
Usually, include uneasiness and fear.
Erectile dysfunction mostly has both physical and psychological reasons. For instance, when a person suffers diabetes, he has some difficulties with reaching erection and its sustaining that leads to the feeling of anxiety. As a result, the combination of diabetes and anxiety causes to steady sexual problems. Besides, there are a number of problems in emotional sphere that influence the ability of men to have erection:
- Troubled relationship with sexual partners;
- Lack of insufficient sexual experience;
- Sexual failures with other sexual partners;
- Sexual violence.